Friday, July 2, 2010

Toy Story 3


Being a fan of the original Toy Story back in 1995 and Toy Story 2 in 1999, I was excited to hear about the 3rd sequel not only because it's hard to let go of Andy and Woody and Buzz and Jessie but because my 3-year old son is also a big fan of it. His being a fan started when he saw the movie on DVD and fell in love with Buzz. I started memorizing the dialogues especially after watching it every night with my son. To the extent that I even dreamt of Woody and Buzz in my sleep.

Sometime on the last quarter of 2009, I saw in the net that the 3rd sequel was set to be released summer of 2010, I got excited. I've searched Youtube for the trailer, and even past movie trailers of part 1 and 2. My son also frequents Youtube to watch the trailer, but of course only when I am around.

Then came the day we were waiting for. I chose this movie for my son's first movie watch, for Woody and Buzz being close to our hearts. I was excited to watch it not because finally Andy has grown up, but because my son is old enough to watch the movie with us. Me, my husband and my son went to the theater will full excitement. We got ready if in case my son would decide to go home in the middle of the show, or maybe would not go in because its dark. But we were quite surprised when he behavely went in, sat on his chair and watch the movie with full fascination. He even laughed at the jokes and even made comments at Andy. When Woody left his hat on the yard, he said "Woody, your hat".

I try as much as I can to be there with my son during his firsts…First haircut, first beach outing, first school, first trip, first movie watching, etc. I know it will not be forever, but hey, I just want to be there when he is still young and clueless and innocent and see the world for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment