Saturday, April 9, 2011

Choosing the Right Milk

As a first time mom, I heavily relied on my kid's pedia. When my kid started formula milk, we followed the product line of the Wyeth starting from 0-6 months (S26), 6months to 1-year (Promil Gold), 1-3 years (Progress Gold), and now that my kid is turning 4 (Progress Gold Preschool), we have shifted to pre-school for 4-years and up.

It is not a joke to be maintaining this specially if your kid take it like water. The pedia even recommended for a lesser in take since my kid was already overweight when he reached 2 years old. We had to stick to 2 bottles a day. We shifted to mealtime eating to distract his attention to milk. But when he got sick, we had to resort back to drinking 3-4 bottles again.

When he reached 3-years, I introduced other brands, thinking I would be able to save on milk. I started with the familiar Lactum choco. The TV commercial was effective I really had to try. I tried having it hot or cold, but my kid didn't like it. Next, I tried Nido 3+. Baby James was an effective endorser. I even told my kid who is just 2-months younger than Baby James to drink it also. But he said, "that's Baby James' milk. I have my own milk". Then I tried Bear Brand...and Anchor 3+. All in vain.

He is still taking Progress Gold Preschool. My colleague told me, I'm lucky my kid is still drinking milk. Other kids at this stage no longer drink milk and prefer other drinks. I should be thankful. And it's true. I am very satisfied with my kid's health. Though he is a bit overweight for his age, he is also taller than his age. I should not complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment