Friday, March 7, 2014

Frozen, Best Animation Movie



 

I first heard about this movie late in 2013. But I got curious after my kid kept on asking me to get a copy of the movie and started singing the famous "Let it go" song which he frequently watch in Youtube.  

The story was simple, but anyone can relate to it in someway. Major points I like in this movie:
a. Parents with an extraordinary child, trying to conceal its extraordinary ability instead of helping the child develop and fully maximize her gift.
b. A younger sibling clueless of her sister's extraordinary ability and looking for romantic love after being used to being alone all the time.
c. A special girl with special ability, but unaccepted as she grew up being told to conceal and refrain from using.
d. Hungry-for-power aristocrats, consumed by ambition

There are different realizations after watching the movie. I heard girls commenting on getting to know the guy first really well, before deciding to marry him. As it could end up like like Prince Hans who was only after of his ambition to become a king. I heard comments about sisterly love, that blood is thicker than water, or ice, in this case. The love of Anna for Elsa was proven when she risked all to save her sister and eventually saved the kingdom. The happy-go-lucky Kristoff, who realized he was truly in love with Anna afterall. 

For me, my realization came as a parent. Acceptance of what is. If I were the parents of Elsa and Anna, I would go a different path. Instead of concealing Elsa from the people, and making her fear her special ability, I would instead help her control it, develop her ability and eventually appreciate the gift. Acceptance that the kid is special should come from the parents. And for Anna, the younger one, she should be made aware of her elder sister's special gift.

There might be wrong choices by the parents here. But the plot of the story called for it in order to make the story interesting. I would not mind watching this movie again and again. This time, singing along with my kid.


No comments:

Post a Comment